Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ghazal

You gave me a shock the other day.

Shoes you filled with rock, the other day.


Perhaps a joke, perhaps an attack,

But you watch your sock, the other day.


I may do the same, or even worse,

Just as you have mocked, the other day.


We have gotten close, and you got new shoes,

After the long walk the other day.


Hearing about your stories has made me want

To know about the clock the other day.


No lies, I hope, for there better be trust,

For I wished to undo the lock, the other day.


Between us, there is something I sense,

Maybe from that dock, the other day.


I sense a great friendship, everlasting,

Ever since that bock, the other day.


But I bid you farewell, for now,

For we listened to Bach, the other day.


So just sit right back and wait for me,

Just as you were using a chock the other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment